JISE supports open access. There are no fees to individual authors, and authors are allowed to self-archive their work. Reproduction, posting, transmission or other distribution or use of the article or any material therein, in any medium as permitted by a personal-use exemption or by written agreement of the journal, requires credit to JISE as the copyright holder.
Journal of Interdisciplinary Studies in Education (Online ISSN 2690-0408, Print ISSN 2166-2681) is aimed at those in the academic world who are dedicated to advancing the field of education through their research. JISE provides a range of articles that speak to the major issues in education across all content areas and disciplines. The Journal is peer edited through a blind review process that utilizes a national and international editorial board and peer reviewers. JISE aspires to advance research in the field of education through a collection of quality, relevant, and advanced interdisciplinary articles in the field of education.
Among the topics that the Journal focuses on are:
- Educational leadership and culture of the academy
- Organizational issues in education
- Diverse communities of schooling and educational research
- Theoretical, historical, and methodological reviews in education
- Intercultural communication, intercultural relations, student involvement
- Globalization, internationalization, cultural influences
- Internationalization of teaching, learning, and research
- Multiculturalism, diversity, and individualism
- Educational research design and methods
Published bi-annually, the journal encourages submission of manuscripts by US and international scholars that use quantitative or qualitative methods. Articles combine disciplinary methods with critical insights to investigate major issues shaping national, state, and institutional contexts. Check our Editorial Board Open Positions
Publish With Us
JISE is targeted at publishing the most influential research on international students in the world to a multidisciplinary audience:
- High ranking: Rigorous peer review of your research in a top-ranked journal in international education and higher education.
- Worldwide representation: More than 300 scholars based in 45+ countries have submitted and published articles in the journal. More than half of our articles include authors from Asia, Africa, Europe, Australia, and South America.
- 'Online first' publishing: We aim to provide initial decisions within 90 days from new manuscript submission and publish accepted manuscripts in 'Online First' format within 30 days after acceptance.
- Global exposure: The combination of ranking, open-access, and indexing in all major academic databases increases the discoverability and citation of your work.